Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Praying with our Camera and Social Media


Anglican and Episcopal News Service recently issued an invitation to us to observe Advent with our smartphones, particularly with our cameras and our social media accounts:

http://episcopaldigitalnetwork.com/ens/2014/11/12/anglicans-invited-to-celebrate-advent-using-your-camera-phones/

I hope you all will consider taking up this invitation and trying on a new way of observing Advent. I have been doing something similar in the month of November on the theme of gratitude and thanksgiving. 

I serve on the Board of The Young Clergy Women Project, and we have been exploring the theme of thanksgiving this month via social media. We have been invited to post a photo each day inspired by a word, e.g. grace, presence, enough, etc. See post here: http://youngclergywomen.org/thanks-giving/

The hashtag for this is #thanksliving14 and you can search for it on Facebook or Twitter. If you would like to see my posts for November, you may view my Twitter feed here.

I have found this to be a remarkable exercise. It is really been a powerful, prayerful experience to have the discipline to think each day about a word related to gratitude. It is helped me pay a bit more attention and to see the world a little differently as I have been on a lookout for an image that captures the day's word. 

If you engage in this activity for Advent, I wish you a prayerful and enriching experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment